Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Am Cafe X The Little Prince Cafe X Mookata

As the title says it all, today's post will be all about food (because i have no other photos to blog about). Visited these 2 cafes some 3-4 weeks back and they were long forgotten... until 5 mins ago when i was looking at my photo album to dig out some photos to blog. 

I Am Cafe
674 North Bridge Road (Haji Lane)

Every single time i walked past haji lane, this cafe always has long queue and it really got me wondering is their food really so good? So Bryan and i came here for dinner last month to see whether it's really worth the hype. My verdict: It was just alright? I don't think i'll go back again if i have to queue. I ordered the Fish & Chips (or whatever the name is on their menu) and i remember i didn't enjoy the fries. I really love potato so good fries are really important to me. Their fries were slightly disappointing for me. As for the fish, it wasn't as crispy as i would like it to be but the taste wise is just fine. Anyway i didn't finish my mains.

Then we ordered a rainbow cake to share. I mean, how could anyone resist rainbow cake right?

Me: Do you want any cake? If you want to have dessert then i want the rainbow cake.
Bryan: I go and see *got up and went to the counter*
Me: (when he came back) How? 
Bryan: I ordered the red velvet cake.
Me: Don't lie, i know you got the rainbow cake.
Bryan: Really... you see lor.
Me: *stares* I know you will give me what i want one lah.


Tadah! A wild rainbow cake appeared on our table hehe. 

Bryan: Sigh how could i not give you what you want? I'll always give.



Apart from aesthetic-wise, the taste was quite... meh? I mean, i don't even know what flavour is it and the cream at the edge was a little too much. I guess the only plus point for me is it's really filling. Bryan and i couldn't finish it.

Maybe Bryan and i are really fussy. I went to see people who geotagged this cafe on instagram and majority of them said that the food is good and recommended people to try it. To each his own i guess.



The Little Prince Cafe

62 Somme Road

We didn't have the intention to try out this cafe actually. We were going for The Bravery but unfortunately it was closed. Chye Seng Huat Hardware was too crowded and we have tried it before so we just kept walking and chanced upon TLP Cafe. This cafe is a little too small and cramp for my liking but having said that, i think their ciabatta is really nice! Plus point, the food is really affordable.

I ordered the smoked salmon ciabatta and it's only $8.90 if i remember correctly.



Normally those ciabattas i ate outside are quite hard so i didn't fancy them. I can safely say TLP cafe has the best ciabatta! I don't think i've tried enough ciabattas to say this but so far, it's the best in my list considering the price i've paid.

Anyway silly Bryan ordered Asahi beer in the afternoon because he thought it was Acai Juice......... And the best part, he is alcohol intolerant. LOL. I got a shock when he ordered beer because he doesn't drink and he can't drink and it was like 2-3pm in the afternoon?!

Asian flush coming out yo. 

Hahaha he was so red like a lobster i couldn't stop laughing. 


Tom Yum Kungfu Mookata
16 Circular Road

Who doesn't love thai food? If you don't like thai food, i don't think we can be friends anymore. Thai food is awesome! Everything is so yummy, especially the street food. That coconut ice cream from Chatuchak and those thai iced milk teaaaaaaaaas.... I was sold. Fly me to Thailand now please.

Ok i side-tracked. Met up with my beloved poks to have mookata on Monday! My monday was slightly better because of them. Anyway TYKF has another branch at Serangoon Gardens. It was closed on Monday so we went to the one at Circular Road.

Btw Mookata is a thai-styled steamboat. You bbq the meat in the middle with the pork lards given. The juice (i refused to call it oil) and the flavour from the meat will flow into your soup making it super tasty on its own. It's really sinful and fattening but YOU MUST TRY. It's damn good!







We are planning another overseas trip to Bangkok and/or Australia. I love dem both so bring it on!!! Probably will settle on BKK since it's so much cheaper. I only can pray for my school timetable to allow me to go on a 4D3N trip to BKK.

Back to the food. My verdict: Yummy! My only complaint is the chilli that is not spicy enough. Other than that, it's quite tasty! I can't wait to bring Bryan to try TYKF. We usually go to New Udon Mookata located at Golden Mile. I can't make up my mind which is better because they are both delicious!

No comments: